The Northeastern Association of the Blind at Albany’s Adaptive Technology Center offers the latest in adaptive devices, as well as computer hardware and software to help individuals meet the challenges of their visual impairment.
Our technology specialists assist individuals in selecting the equipment that will work best for them.
Our services include:
- Analysis of computer compatibility of the technology selected
- Short-term training on adaptive technology equipment at the Center or at the work site
- Set-up of the equipment in the home or office
- Follow-up for further refinements and additional specialized job-related training
- Consultation with employer’s computer technicians to ensure software/hardware compatibility
- *NEW* – Mac / iDevice Accessiblity training and configuration
- Electronics such as desktop/portable CCTVs, image/text-to-speech electronics, GPS, and other adaptive technologies.