NABA’s Service Area
NABA provides limited services in some counties and throughout the greater Capital Region to residents of Albany, Columbia, Eastern Montgomery, Fulton, Greene, Northern Dutchess, Rensselaer, Schenectady, Schoharie, Southern Saratoga, Sullivan, Ulster, Warren, and Washington Counties.
Vision Rehabilitation Services
NABA’s vision rehabilitation therapists work in-home and on-site with individuals to develop the skills and techniques that facilitate independent living. Skills taught include household management, financial management, personal care and safe meal preparation.
Individuals also receive training in the use of low vision aids and/or adaptive technology designed for people with little or no vision.
- Orientation & Mobility Training
- Intake Assessment
- Adapted Daily Living Skills
- Social Work and Counseling
- Assistive Technology Instruction
- Vision Rehabilitation Therapy
- Academic Remediation/Vocational Training
- Employment Services
- Work Experience Trainings
- Job Placement
- Partner with NABA Employment Services
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Youth Program
- Dr. Harry M. Judge Low Vision Clinic
- Low Vision Education & Speakers Bureau